3.02.2012

:: hibachi soup & a roast


Happy Friday everyone, woo hoo hooray for weekends. Boy am I glad this busy week is over, I'm hoping that this weekend will bring some much needed time for relaxation for my busy family.

I thought I might share with you today and easy dinnertime option I cooked up earlier this week. I found this recipe where else but Pinterest of course. Graciously, Carrie of Cooking with Carrie allowed me to borrow her image and share her recipe with you all. You can find her recipe for "Hibachi Soup" HERE. Doesn't it look delicious and authentic? This is my favorite soup, I always tell my husband that if I'm ever sick, this is the only thing he needs to bring me, and now thanks to Carrie we can cook it ourselves anytime we want.

I followed her recipe with the only exception being that I cooked mine in a crockpot. I started mine early in the morning letting it simmer all day on Low. I added my mushrooms midway through cooking when I removed the larger veggies from the soup. I also saved the large veggies & refrigerated them for use in a roast the following day. The Hibachi Soup was a huge success and my family loved it.

With the remainder of my soup, I added a chuck roast and a little water to cover it and continued cooking on low till the next morning. In the morning I added the carrots & onions I had saved from the Hibachi Soup the previous day and added in more carrots, another onion, and some diced red potatoes. The finished Roast was another delicious meal ready to eat when everyone came in from soccer games that evening.

So there you have it one simple soup that parlayed itself into a second night of another simple ready to eat dinner. I love my crockpot so much, I'm so much better at planning & executing crockpot meals.

You must give Carrie's "Hibachi Soup" a try & let me know what you think.

Thanks Carrie for sharing : )

Happy Weekend 

{peace, love & hugs}
Carrie

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. This looks amazing! I 'm always on the look out for amazing soups...so thanks.

    Best,
    e

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds delish Carrie. I never heard of it before.
    I'll have to ck. out your pinboard, as I always like
    to try new recipes. I'm a bit bored right now with
    cooking so, it's perfect timing. Thanks for sharing!
    Have a great weekend,
    xxx Liz

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing your lovely faces & reading your sweet comments. Thanks for taking the time to visit me : ) * I do my best to respond by e-mail, if I miss you please forgive me. peace & love * Carrie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...